To celebrate its 8th anniversary, the Akarenga Terrace is holding "Hokkaido Days: Sake of Hokkaido, Tastes of Hokkaido" where you can enjoy Hokkaido's sake and gourmet food all in one place.
Visitors can enjoy a sampler of three different brands of sake of their choice (300 yen including tax) from 16 carefully selected sake breweries in Hokkaido at 16 restaurants in the Terrace. In addition, a plate of food full of Hokkaido ingredients that goes well with sake and a variety of light dishes are also available.
We interviewed Sonoda Masaki, manager of the Akarenga Terrace location of the participating Gyutan Sumiyaki Rikyu, about his thoughts on the fair.
“Our main location is located in Sendai, which many people think of when they think of beef tongue. Beef tongue and sake go well together, and sakes such as our Miyagi sake and original Daiginjo sake are very popular. Of course, Hokkaido sake also goes very well with our beef tongue, so I hope that you will have a chance to try it.”
In addition to their signature beef tongue, they also offer a wide selection of Miyagi's specialties so we asked for a recommendation.
“Sasakama fish paste is one of the fair's menu items. Sasakama fish paste goes great with sake. Another popular menu item is the Jogisan sankaku-age deep fried tofu, located in the mountains of Miyagi Prefecture. I hope you enjoy the amazing combination of Tohoku Miyagi's flavors and sake!”
Sasakama fish paste is 550 yen (tax included), and Jogisan sankaku-age deep fried tofu is 660 yen (tax included), both at affordable prices.
The restaurant's most popular dish is the grilled beef tongue combo meal (3 pieces, 6 slices) for 2409 yen (tax included).
“The restaurant is popular among women who come alone to dine and enjoy a diverse range of dining options. We are confident in the quality of our service and dishes, and we look forward to welcoming first-time customers at this fair.”
The following is an overview of the fair:
Each restaurant offers a different brand of sake, so be sure to try them all and experience Hokkaido's summer (the event will end when all the sake is gone). Come to Akarenga Terrace to find out what each restaurant has to offer!
* Details about Hokkaido Days（in Japanese）
■Period: August 8, 2022 (Monday) - August 31, 2022 (Wednesday)
■Participating restaurants：16 restaurants in Akarenga Terrace
1F: CAFE YOSHIMI, Tsubaki Salon, AUX BACCHANALES
2F: PariRu, Cafe & Bar Manhattan, Tsuruga Buffet Dining Sapporo
3F: LA BRIQUE, YAKINIKU BAR TAMURA, Enoteca D'Oro, Gyutan Sumibiyaki Rikyu, Ezo Shokudo, HIKARI, Kuromatsu, Chinese Cuisine Hotei, Tiger Curry
4F: Restaurant MINAMI
■Available Sake (sakes marked with ◎ are available at Gyutan Sumiyaki Rikyu)
1) Michizakura Junmai Ginjo Suisei 55 (Michizakura Shuzo)
2) GOHHOU Special Junmai Suisei (Hakodate Sake Brewery)
3) Special Junmai Kaowoage Sukoshi Zutsu Maehe (Niseko Shuzo)
4) Junryo Junmai Takaragawa (Tanaka Shuzo) ◎
5) Chitosetsuru Junmai Ginjo (Nippon Seishu) ◎
6) Special Junmai Kitano Nishiki Maruta (Kobayashi Shuzo)
7) Junmai Ginjo Genshu Kitashizuku (Kinteki Shuzo)
8) Junmai Ginjo Kokushimusou (Takasago Shuzo)
9) Chateau Taisetsunokura Junmai Daiginjo Ginpu 50 (Godo Shusei) ◎
10) Special Junmai Kita no Inaho (Otokoyama) ◎
11) Kamikawa Taisetsu Special Junmai (Kamikawa Taisetsu Sake Brewery Ryokkyugura)
12) Tokachi Special Junmai (Kamikawa Taisetsu Sake Brewery Hekiungura) ◎
13) Goryo Junmai Ginjo (Kamikawa Taisetsu Sake Brewery Goryonokura)
14) Kunimare Junmai Shokan Shizuku (Kunimare Sake Brewery) ◎
15) Junmai Ginjo Fukutsukasa Kitashizuku (Fukutsukasa Sake) ◎
16) Kitanokatsu Junmai Ginpu (Usui Katsusaburo Shoten) ◎
(1) Three Hokkaido sake brand sampler: 3 brands x 30㎖ each, 300 yen (tax included)
*You must order at least one food item when ordering the sampler.
(2) Dishes using Hokkaido ingredients
(3) Light dishes